Valero Information Security Engineer 2 in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
This role will report to the Senior Manager Information Security and will function as a member of the Information Security team to help operate and develop the Valero Information Security Program. The primary focus of this position is to provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of log sources. The position’s incumbent will also work with the security team to define security policies, processes and guidelines.
- Deploys, operates and monitors technical security devices such as web application firewalls, host based IDS/IPS, network based IDS/IPS, Web proxies, vulnerability scanners, anit-virus, file integrity monitoring and security event and incident management systems (SEIM).
- Monitors network security events and take appropriate action based on Valero’s policy.
- Develops, delivers and monitors custom SEIM reports to support operational and security requirements.
- Collaborates on critical IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends information-security-related hardware and software.
- Provides second and third-level support and analysis during and after a security incident.
- Plans, estimates and manages small I/S Security projects using Valero’s project methodology.
- Provides support of computing equipment and software, to include complex needs analysis, configuration, installation, moves, and changes for all supported locations during and after hours.
- Researches and assesses new threats and security alerts, and recommends remedial actions.
- Develops training materials and documentation as needed.
- Continuously monitors the status and effectiveness of security controls.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant information security and IT experience including a high degree of technical security technology expertise required.
- Certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) are preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, systematic thinking, and a good understanding of technologies deployed in the infrastructure environment required.
- Knowledge of a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools is required.
- Excellent understanding of information security concepts, principles, and best practices are required.
- Excellent communication skills are required to interact with internal and external contacts required.
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to communicate security risks concepts to technical and non-technical audiences required.
- High level of personal integrity and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters with proper judgement is required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.4 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm. More than 7,500 outlets carry the Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock and Beacon brands in the United States and the Caribbean; Ultramar in Canada; and Texaco in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Through subsidiaries, Valero owns the general partner of Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero is a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Feb 24, 2017, 9:55:46 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 16001O9