HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Contracting Services Manager in San Antonio, Texas
- Contracting Services Manager*
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The primary responsibilities of the Contract Manager involve the organization, sourcing and negotiation of regional services and product agreements. The position will collaborate with various personnel and department leaders in the development, implementation, and ongoing management of services and product agreements. This position will have responsibility for contracting, which includes: facilitation of bid preparation, data collection and analysis, vendor discussions and negotiations, and contract development and award. The Contract Manager may participate in focused teams as a team member, coordinator or facilitator. The Contract Manager role is to ensure end-user customer satisfaction, outstanding vendor performance, negotiation of market-leading terms, and system contract compliance in a fiscally responsible manner for a core group of contracts. This position requires the ability to work effectively with hospital administrative departments, clinicians and hospital executives to facilitate adoption and facility standardization of services and products that create efficiencies and cost reduction efforts throughout the organization. Position also company and contracting policies and procedures.
SUPERVISOR – Division Director of Contracting and Business Diversity
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- · Market knowledge on a national, regional and/or local level for areas of responsibility and the ability to rapidly acquire local market specific knowledge.
- · Knowledge of clinical and non-clinical services and products in conjunction with associated vendors. Ability to perform/supervise thorough cost analysis and contracting strategies to a team of non-contracting colleagues for consideration in decision-making.
- · Strong customer orientation, builds trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations. Excellent financial, good organization, and solid PC skills; with a proven ability to implement programs for results.
- · Excellent oral and written skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Perform other duties as assigned.
- · Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- · Organization – proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources Communication – communicates clearly and concisely.
- · Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services.
- · Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term internal customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- · Tactical execution – oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes.
- · Policies & Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- · PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
- · Financial management – applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget Project management – assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
EDUCATION Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred, in Business or related field.
· Five to seven years business experience with knowledge of contracting principles, vendor relationship management and product/service selection preferred.
· Experience in negotiations, healthcare contracting experience desired.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with experts from many healthcare specialties effectively as a team member, coordinator and facilitator.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports.
Title: Contracting Services Manager
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Supply Chain - San Antonio
Requisition ID: 25748-11999