HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Records Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
TheAmbulatory Surgery Divisionoperates over 120 ambulatory surgery centers across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career. Apply today!
At theSt. Mark's Surgery Center, the demand for compassionate & quality care has never been greater. As a result, we are seeking a qualified Administrative Assistant to join our growing facility.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:Contributes to the company’s mission, vision, and values by maintaining facility’s medical records and ensuring completeness and accuracy of files. This person will report to the Business Office Manager/ Medical Records Coordinator.
*DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: *
· Performs collection, processing, filing, maintenance, storage, retrieval, and distribution of medical records according to facility policies and procedures.
· Collects and files in medical record all laboratory, pathology, electrocardiogram, and x-ray reports received prior to/post surgery.
· Handles collection, response, and final filing in medical record of all appropriate correspondence.
· Arranges all chart forms, correspondence reports (e.g., operative, lab, electrocardiogram, x-ray, pathology, etc.) in appropriate order per facility policy/procedures.
· Maintains and controls the release of information to authorized persons only.
· Adheres to medico-legal requirements when answering correspondence and inquiries.
· Marks and obtains all necessary signatures to complete chart, including contacting physicians’ offices regarding necessary signatures/reports.
· Obtains all missing chart contents needed to complete medical record.
· Adheres to established procedures for cross-referencing and indexing medical records.
· Develops and maintains an organized storage system for timely retrieval of individual medical records.
· Institutes and maintains a check-out and return system for medical records.
· Maintains confidentiality, security, and physical safety of facility medical records.
· Arranges for confidential, safe off-site storing/microfilming of medical records per facility policies/procedures, if applicable.
· Arranges for appropriate disposal of medical records per facility policies/procedures, if applicable.
· Services as liaison between surgery center and transcription company, as per facility practice.
· Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities as required.
· Answers telephone and performs other miscellaneous office/clerical duties as needed.
· Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
Consider joining a team that features a fun and friendly work environment, a Monday – Friday daytime work schedule, competitive salary, and opportunities to learn and grow your career.
Join our Team! For confidential consideration, submit your application today.
· Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
· BLS may be required as per facility standard.
Title: Medical Records Specialist
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City-St Mark%27s Outpatient Surgery Center
Requisition ID: 07818-33427