HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Endoscopy Nurse PRN in Salt Lake City, Utah
Are you ready for a work schedule that fits your lifestyle? “We offer No nights, No weekends, No call"
The HCA Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 130 ambulatory surgery centers across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career. Apply today!
At the Wasatch Endoscopy Center, the demand for compassionate & quality care has never been greater. As a result, we are seeking qualified Surgical Technologists to join our growing team.* *
Consider joining a team that offers: * Great working hours * Opportunities to learn and grow your career * Great Benefits for Eligible Positions * Positive team environment
The Registered Nurse in this area assumes the responsibility of team leader utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to the patient during the intra-operative period. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
Plans and delivers safe, effective nursing care until patient is transferred from his/her care to that of the recovery R.N. Nursing care meets current standards of the profession, the policies / procedures of the center and is appropriate to the center’s patient population.
- · Carries out all physician orders.
- · Assists with various types of procedures
- · Assist anesthesia staff as required.
- · Assesses the physical and psychological health status of patients requiring surgical/procedural intervention.
- · Applies principles of surgical asepsis.
- · Maintains attention to detail with documentation of activities during the procedure regarding use of supplies, equipment, and medications.
- · Verification of procedure; appropriateness of procedural consent(s); identification of patient and allergies
Interacts with patients, fellow employees, physicians, and other customers in a manner which encourages quality patient care, harmonious working relationships, positive customer relations, and which enhances the image and reputation of the center.
- · Acts as a liaison between patient, physician, family, and other team members.
- · Teaches patients and their families/friends.
- · Assists in education and orientation of other staff members.
- · Assists with ancillary educational offerings and programs on a voluntary basis.
- · Communicates information to management.
- · Assists management in the formulation of solutions for resolving areas of concern.
Supports the center’s mission by dependability in attendance, punctuality, the timely completion of care and other assignments, resource and information management, and attention to principles of quality service.
- · Completes patient charts and narcotic records.
- · Assists with inventory control and cost containment.
- · Demonstrates working knowledge relating to required documentation in EMR System and achieves passing grade by EMR credentialing officer.
Maintains and improves skills and knowledge appropriate for position, personal growth, and for enhancement of patient care.
- Maintains a high degree of efficiency in the use and management of high acuity equipment.
- · Keeps the nurse manager informed of any malfunctions in equipment, or supplies.
- · Assists in maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and maintains a sanitary environment for provision of patient care
Understands and effectively implements “Best Practices, Risk Management, and Quality Improvement Programs.
Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies and HIPAA requirements.
_Education:_* *Diploma RN preferred; Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
_Certifications:_ RN license required. American Heart Association BLS and ACLS required.
_Experience:_ 1-3 years highly preferred.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Title: Endoscopy Nurse PRN
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City-The Wasatch Endoscopy Center Ltd
Requisition ID: 07800-32294