HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Collections Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 120 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:Contributes to the company completing the follow-up and collection from third party payers and self pay accounts to enhance cash flow and obtain associated reimbursement based on established contracts.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs follow up activities on all accounts to ensure prompt payment.
- Maintains daily queue on desktop.
- Identifies and corrects any coding or billing problems from EOBs.
- Monitors insurance claims by running appropriate reports and contacting insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner.
- Prepares accounts for rebilling and for filing secondary insurance; sends to carrier with necessary documents, as needed.
- Completes filing and follow-up on insurance denials with coder and physicians to obtain reimbursement.
- Handles patient and insurance inquiries.
- Updates the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account.
- Updates AdvantX using daypack and re-files claims, as required.
- Assigns Bad Debt accounts to Collection Agency as approved by BOM.
- Acts as a liaison in collection of third party accounts, as required per Center practices.
- Completes the reconciliation of accounts that are turned over to outside agencies.
- Administers Center contracts with third party payers including Medicare and Medicaid, in accordance with facility practices, as determined through facility processes.
- Notifies BOM/Administrator of contractual issues that are contrary or inconsistent with contract language.
- Negotiates payment plans on self pay accounts utilizing established policies regarding Settlement Discounts.
- Completes weekly reporting to BOM and Administrator involving collections.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining accounts receivable days at the established ASD goal.
- Responsible for the reduction and maintenance of bad debt at the established ASD goal.
- Performs reviews and turnovers of aged accounts to an outside collection agency for 1st placements and bad debt.
- Follows Best Practices regarding initial follow-up at 21- 28 days for insurance claims and subsequent follow-up every 14-21 days.
- Answers telephones.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees.
- Provides business office and admissions back up as needed.
- Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) highly preferred.
Knowledge of managed care payers and medical terminology (preferred). *CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: *
Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.
Title: Collections Specialist
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City-ASD Mountain Division CBO
Requisition ID: 26772-33448