Integer Facility & Equipment Engineer III in Salem, Virginia
The primary purpose of this position is to provide hands-on engineering support for Maintenance, Engineering and Operations around equipment and facility needs. Interacts with contractors, vendors, and Associates across the organization.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to Integer Core Value and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Uses working knowledge of lean techniques to help support the execution of improvement efforts or waste reduction across the business.
- Uses structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Plans and executes project activities within a cross-functional team. Project types can include, but are not limited to, new product development and introductions, manufacturing transfers, process systems related to facilities or buildings, continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Supports and participates in the lean manufacturing cultural change to drive out waste in manufacturing processes; includes, but is not limited to, process equipment redesign/improvements, facility modifications/additions, facility/equipment layout changes.
- Leads projects to install new machinery and relocate existing equipment.
- Develops lay out of cells based the process requirements
- Develops facility/utility needs
- Develops budget and installation plan
- Coordinates and executes plan/activities within budget and timeline
- Supports NPI engineering efforts around equipment reviews, modifications and improvements.
- Develops/supports facility and process systems related to security, communications and climate control.
- Performs all duties and directs others creating a safe working environment for our Associates.
- Prepares documentation with a high degree of accuracy, completeness, and effectiveness using common Integer engineering tools & templates where available.
- Develops and executes an ongoing process to ensure equipment sustainability, availability, and operational effectiveness across the site.
Education & Experience:
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering/technical field.
Minimum Experience: Minimum of 6 years in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
Special Skills: Project management skills for the leadership of cross functional teams. Effective oral and written communication skills. Skills with solid modeling for machine design/redesign and AutoCAD (2D)
Special Knowledge: Knowledge of building systems and codes. Ability to understand process related facility systems (water purification, waste water processing, corrosive fume systems, etc.) Working knowledge of applicable safety and environmental standards.
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Salem,VA
- Job Type: Engineering
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 5/19/2017