HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN - Oncology Unit! in Salem VA, Virginia
RN Oncology Job Description
For more than a century,LewisGale Medical Centerhas delivered the highest quality healthcare to residents of Southwest Virginia from our location in the Salem/Roanoke metro area. As the largest facility in LewisGale Regional Health System, we provide the full scope of healthcare services you expect to find at a regional referral center. We specialize in heart and vascular care—including the latest advanced technology available through our designated Heart Center—as well as orthopedics and spine care, services for mental and behavioral health and cancer care.
The Registered Nurse (RN) 6W Oncology -will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care. The Registered Nurse delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision. The RN works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare. The Registered Nurse communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. The RN evaluates patient’s signs and symptoms; and records and reports results. The Registered Nurse sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment. The RN collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment. The Registered Nurse assists physician during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders. The RN makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes. The Registered Nurse is expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
- Patient Rights -The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
Patient Safety –The Registered Nurse demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products. _Licensure/Certification_:
Registered Nurse License issued by the Department of Health Professions, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Registered Nurse with “multi-state privilege" granted to them by virtue of holding a license in one of the states participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact Agreement and who has not established permanent residency in Virginia.
- American Heart AssociationBLS,Basic Life Support Certification
- Graduate of a nursing program
- For Full-time and Part-time Registered Nurses hired on or after July 1, 2012: BSN or enrollment in BSN program required within first two years of employment and completion of BSN within five years of employment.
Preferred Experience: * Previous RN experience preferred
Title: RN - Oncology Unit!
Location: Virginia-Salem VA-Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00005-16540