HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist PRN in Salem VA, Virginia
• Draws blood samples to be analyzed by laboratory personnel and interpreted by Pathologists such that patient diagnoses may be made.
• Collects blood samples ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples.
• Follows hospital policies and procedures for transporting/delivering samples to laboratory.
• Maintains strict quality control for procedures.
• May perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time and glucose tolerance tests and report test results.
• Maintains records of tests performed and blood samples taken.
• Maintains needed equipment and supplies.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
EXPERIENCE: Required - Phlebotomy Experience or Training, Excellent customer service skills
Preferred - At least 1 year experience in phlebotomy. Specimen handling experience a plus.
EDUCATION: Required - High School Graduate or equivalent and Phlebotomy training
Preferred - Phlebotomy training from an approved school. Phlebotomy certification.
Required- Continuing education to meet ASCP guidelines
Preferred- ASCP/ASPT certified phlebotomist or equivalent
Title: Phlebotomist PRN
Location: Virginia-Salem VA-Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00005-16789