Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Registered Nurse (Nurse Care Manager) in Salem, Oregon
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Salem, OR
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Friday 9/30/2016 (24 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/31/2016 (7 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number 1816106
OUR MISSION:To fulfill President Lincoln's promise To care for them who shall have borne the battle, and for their survivors by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The incumbent serves as a clinic patient advocate by answering patient inquiries and resolving patient concerns at a local level. He/she acts as patient advocate to assure appropriateness and quality...acts as a patient guide and advocate, assisting the patient in seeking information, assuring that the patient has the opportunity for informed consent for treatment decisions, and promoting our core I CARE values: to act with Integrity and Commitment, to Advocate for Veterans, to show Respect to all, and to pursue Excellence.
The incumbent practices as an RN in the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic(s) as a Nurse Care Manager (NCM). The RN provides evidence based mental health nursing care to Veterans treated in the Mental Health Division. The RN will possess experience and be trained in mental health nursing and have a global knowledge of Mental Health and Primary Care outpatient services as well as Medical Center and community resources. The RN will be involved in outpatient care management of patients seen in the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic(s). The incumbent will provide nursing clinical leadership with tools to improve and sustain the quality and effectiveness of care for depression, anxiety, PTSD, smoking cessation, substance abuse and other mental health disorders in consultation with outpatient mental health clinic providers. Contact with patient may take place individually, ir groups and/or by telephone.
Work Schedule:8:00 am - 4:30 pm
*Functional Statement Title/#:* Registered Nurse #000000
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing (CGFNS must be provided). The completion of course work equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit evidence of ability to sit for the NCLEX along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected.
- Minimum Education: Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum Experience: None Required
- Education: BSN
- Experience: Approximately 2-3 years
Grade Determinations:Experience as a RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel. The criteria are as follows:
- Practice: practice, ethics and resource utilization;
- Professional Development: performance, education/career development;
- Collaboration; collaboration, collegiality;
- Scientific Inquiry: quality of care, research.
Reference:*VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard.*This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
** Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements:Moderate Carrying (15-44lbs); Straight Pulling (up to 1 hour); Pushing (1 2 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to 4 hours); Standing (up to 4 hours); Repeated bending (up to 3 hours); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13 to 16; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Ability to distinguish shades of color; Emotional and Mental stability; Hearing (aid permitted).
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on Application Status. For a more detailed update of your status, click on more information. Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Salary Range: $56,422.00 to $94,051.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VN-0610-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 452245200
Job Announcement Number: VS-16-GMM-1816106-MHC-BU