Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Physician - Psychiatrist, VM-0602-00, Mental Health in Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Saint Cloud, MN
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Friday 7/1/2016 (112 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (71 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): T1738876
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Recruitment Incentive:A recruitment incentive may be authorized.
This is an "Open and Continuous" announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for all required documentation and referred every two weeks until the vacancy is filled.
Duties: Recruiting a full or part-time physician board certified/board eligible in Psychiatry. The provider will carry an outpatient clinical workload along with assigned administrative and professional responsibilities; coordinate patient care, conduct history and physical exams and mental status exams on assigned patients; complete intake assessments and formulate diagnosis; and develop and present treatment plans to the multidisciplinary treatment team; orders all necessary lab and radiological assessments; initiates consults, referrals, psychotherapy, and pharmacotherapy as indicated; documents clinical activity in the veteran's computerized medical record. This staff Psychiatrist position will work with a multidisciplinary mental health team treating veterans in person and utilizing video teleconferencing systems. Works closely with colleagues to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art outpatient mental health care and the implementation of principles of Advanced Clinical Access in Mental Health. Also responds to emergency consultation requests as needed. Duties will also include being assigned as a member to at least one medical center committees, continuing education activities, some inpatient coverage and on-call responsibility and rotating weekday evening phone coverage.
Work Schedule: Administrative Days
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Full, unrestricted license, certification, or registration required.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Board certified/board eligible in Psychiatry preferred.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Preferred Experience: Citizen of the United States or a noncitizen who has been accorded permanent resident alien status in the United States; must have a degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are: (1) schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted (2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted (3) Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory or Commonwealth Ii.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted license; full, active and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory or Commonwealth of the United States or in the District of Columbia; board certified/board eligible in Psychiatry preferred; must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note*:* Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: Applicant must pass a pre-employment physical.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. The VHA physician brochure provides an overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time physicians at the rate of 26 days per leave year (1 day per pay period).
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
This position is located at the St. Cloud VA Health Care System, St. Cloud, MN part of the VA Midwest Health Care Network (VISN 23).
Salary Range: $99,957.00 to $240,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VM-0602-00/00
Promotion Potential: 15
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: US Citizen required or candidates must have proper authorization to work in the United States
Control Number: 443041800
Job Announcement Number: BA-16-NDM-1738876-BU