Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Application Support Engineer II - Data Analyst in Sacramento, California
The Application Support Engineers role is to provide application support from a technical perspective. This includes supporting data loading and mining operations, responsibility for standard maintenance processes, log verification, error resolution, patch maintenance, supporting the implementation of new applications and building application interfaces. Light database administration is also a requirement.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about their work, eager to tackle new challenges and learn the skills necessary to find solutions while on the job. We value innovation, intelligence, and ability as well as a demonstrated willingness to take ownership of projects and systems. The IT department is excited about the opportunity to help shape and support our growing company and we hope you are too!
- Builds interfaces / manages interface projects between business applications.
- Modifies existing forms and reports; builds new forms and reports as required by users.
- Monitors application processes to ensure availability
- Work directly with personnel (functional and technical), external consulting partner and/or other outside vendors as required.
- Work with different departments to develop a thorough understanding of the business processes and business requirements in order to facilitate the implementation of the ERP system and other related applications.
- Perform application configuration and setup across multiple areas of the ERP system and other related applications.
- Lead application functionality testing, patch testing, and provide recommendations for functionality enhancement. Work with software vendor to implement enhancements.
- Develop and update important documentation including business process flows, requirements documents, functional and technical design documents, test cases, and user training materials.
- Execute the activities and tasks identified with little to no supervision.
- Communicate and manage relationships with internal and external customers. Must portray excellent facilitation skills.
- Research and resolve technical issues (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail); provide prompt assistance with resolutions or a work-around when possible.
- Help develop business process modeling.
- Communicate progress to management.
- Test pilot new applications to validate work instructions and database information.
- Utilizes project management skills to successfully manage time to accomplish projects.
- Mentors Level I Application Support Engineers.
- Translates complex business needs and problems into system configuration, test and setup requirements.
- Translate business requirements into working IT documentsincluding functional requirements, functional design, and technicaldesign, as applicable.
- Solves complex, highly technical problems effectively while under pressure.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years related experience in a technical application support function.
- Requires BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- Must be a self-motivated, dependable team player with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated passion for customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills. Must be able to multi-task, be proactive and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Proven knowledge includes database and networking administration, and programming experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with all levels of employees, external resources and customers.
- Effective planning and organizational abilities and superior detail-orientation. Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency with SQL Server, MS Biztalk, and MS Visual Studio application.
- Experience with Microsoft development technologies (VB, VB Script, COM+, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS office suite of products including MS Access and MS Project preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and programming languages with little mentoring and/or training.
- MS Access experience is plus. VBA and Application development using MS Access.
- SharePoint experience is required. Both 3.0 and MOSS.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Job Tracking ID: 85347-217588
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 13, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP