General Motors Java Software Developer - INF0018465 in Roswell, Georgia
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Roswell, GA (preferred) but will also consider qualified candidates in Austin, TX
About the General Motors Global Manufacturing Engineering IT Team:
GM Global Manufacturing Engineering (ME) is the group that takes engineering products from Global Product Development (vehicles, engines, transmissions, and components) and brings them to reality in Manufacturing. Global ME is a group of approximately 10,000 employees responsible for the processes, tooling, machinery, and conveyance used to build the world’s best vehicles at over 165 locations across 31 countries globally.
The GM IT group works closely with ME to develop software and systems enabling ME to design the manufacturing process and equipment within the digital math pipeline to extend from product development to the plant floor. GM IT extensively leverages advance 3D CAD, simulation, and analytical technologies to design these processes and systems prior to physical build, enabling the virtual assessment of processes prior to the launch of the product in a manufacturing plant.
GM IT collaborates closely with our business partners to develop the information system strategies along with the software solutions to achieve their objectives.
About the Role:
The Manufacturing Application Developer is responsible for performing development related tasks for approved Manufacturing IT applications. This role will utilize standard approved development processes and tools.
- Full life-cycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
- Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Work closely with senior developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Pro-actively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- Must have 3-5 years’ of experience developing Java applications
- Must have experience with utilizing software development tools and best practices, i.e. unit testing, code coverage, secure code analysis, source code management, continuous integration, etc.
- Must have experience with at least one Java framework (Spring etc.)
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience with at least one project methodology: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall or Iterative
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications
- Experience with application servers like Weblogic/Websphere
- Familiarity and/or experience with enterprise service tools like IBM Business/Websphere message broker
- Hands on experience with IDE’s like Eclipse
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.