Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Group Manager - Mechanical Engineers in Roseville, California
Responsible for supervising personnel of assigned engineering disciplines in the execution of engineering projects across company products and programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises and directs the effort of engineering personnel to ensure successful overall project and organizational performance.
- Ensures maximum productivity and cost-efficiency of assigned team.
- Monitors and evaluates progress and results.
- Coordinates with program teams to identify resources and skills required to accomplish planned tasks and assigns personnel to programs as required.
- Develops and implements improvements in procedures and standards to ensure that output is high quality, accurate, on-time, and within budget.
- Ensures applicable project metrics (key performance indicators) are maintained and results are achieved.
- Understands and mitigates risks of technical approaches to meet customer requirements and company objectives.
- Makes recommendations for the tools and resources, including performing cost analysis, necessary for the teams success.
- Assists in identifying organizational teams skills and abilities and skill gaps, making recommendations to management.
- Plans and supervises the development and mentoring of technical personnel.
- Accomplishes human resource strategies by communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing orientation, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Fosters ethical conduct and personal integrity to ensure CEis ability to attract and retain employees and customers in a highly competitive environment.
- Fosters a "center of excellence" attitude within the assigned group and engineering area of expertise. Individual will champion discussions within the group on challenging technical issues, the latest breakthroughs in that particular discipline, new customer desires or verification techniques in related area and tools to support design.
- May act as the face of the Company to customers ensuring that teams products and services are meeting internal and external customer requirements, goals, and expectations.
- Reports progress in meeting external/internal customer requirements, goals, and expectations.
- Supervises the effort of professional and technical personnelin support of design reviews and technical interchange meetings with suppliers and external/internal customers.
- Assigns and oversees the efforts of professional and technical personnel in preparation of quotes and proposals.
- Follows safety precautions and ensures reporting personnel are trained and adhere to safety procedures/policies.
- Ensures that the work areas and equipment are kept clean.
- Complies with QMS procedures.
Other Job Functions
- Frequent outside contact with customers and suppliers.
- May travel to support new business development and customer maintenance.
- Assigned project financial performance and indirect spending as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
Directly supervises Engineers and/or Designers.
Experience and Skills:
- Requires Bachelors degree in Engineering; Masters in Business Administration preferred.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance of the appropriate level.
- 8+ years related technical supervisory/team/project leadership experience.
- Significant, practical experience in the specific engineering subject matter.
- Experience with engineering development processes.
- Experience related to engineering configuration management and change management.
- Experience monitoring and enforcing engineering budgets.
- Experience related to change management within the engineering development.
- Familiarization with engineering development risk management process.
- Demonstrated passion for management of people and projects.
- Demonstrated passion for customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills; including strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform job duties.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience related to engineering technical publications.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to meet program requirements.
- Engineering supervisory experience in the aerospace industry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Office and manufacturing environment.
May work extended hours or weekends and travel occasionally.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-232396
Location: Roseville, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 05, 2016
Job Level: Management
Number of Openings: 1
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP