Revenue Solutions, Inc. Associate Software Engineer in Roseville, California
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Associate Software Engineer
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry across the United States. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State and Local agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• RSI provides significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture
• RSI is a small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• RSI provides employees with the opportunities to lead and contribute to highly desirable and visible projects using the latest technologies
• RSI's management team is fully supportive of work-life balance
• RSI hires only the best and the brightest Software Engineers and Consultants
• RSI provides a full and competitive benefits package including a variety of bonus programs, 401(k), medical/dental/disability, and paid vacation and holidays
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.
* RSI is an equal opportunity employer *
We are looking for an entry level engineer to join our core team of software professionals and IT consultants responsible for the design, development, testing, and maintenance of RSI’s Revenue Premier® Enterprise Management products for State Revenue Agencies. All Revenue Premier® product offerings are built in an n-tier client-server environment using an ASP.NET/C# front end and a Java/J2EE back end on an Oracle or SQL Server database.
Leveraging your knowledge of object-oriented design and programming, your responsibilities as an RSI Frontline Product Development Engineer will cover various aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from design to programming to test to maintenance. Working in a in a fast-paced environment, you will have the opportunity to participate in the successful release of products within RSI’s entire suite of product offerings, to work with customers and field/sales engineers to untangle challenging technical problems, to investigate the root causes of unexpected application behavior within our highly complex technology platform, to replicate and characterize complex product related issues and drive resolution through software engineering Development Engineering - all using the latest technologies and tools in a heterogeneous, SOA environment.
The position is based at RSI’s Solution Center in Sacramento (Roseville), California.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Immediate authorization to work in the US
• Familiarity with one or more programming languages (i.e. C#, ASP, .NET, SQL, XML, JAVA)
• Familiarity with standard development techniques (SDLC, OOD)
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Passion for investigation, troubleshooting, and debugging
• Ability to work with a high degree of independence and manage a dynamic workload
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
• Professional business demeanor
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Advanced degree
• Knowledge of Relational Databases, Object Oriented Design, and Data Structures
• Prior internship or work experience in a commercial software development environment