DHL Express Logistics Operations Supervisor -Romulus, MI in Romulus, Michigan
DHL is searching for an engaging and passionate leader needed to join our logistics team as a Logistics Operations Supervisor in our Romulus, MI area station. A Logistics Operations Supervisor should be dedicated to getting the best out of the team through motivating, coaching and developing skills at all professional levels and should understand the importance of great service quality through attention to detail, a “can do” attitude, speed, and safety.
- Responsible for timely, safe, and efficient parcel delivery and station operation with a focus on customer service and compliance of regulations
- Works with sales management to promote sales growth by advising on customer activities and achieving specific customer call targets
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations, duties, and tariffs
- Supervises courier and warehouse staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing
- Reviews work and supervises performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
Required Skills and Qualifications
Prefer BS/BA and/or a minimum of 3 years experience in related field
Must pass Criminal Background Check(Includes Driving Record) and Drug Screen
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Professional presentation with customer facing experience required
- Deep knowledge of route structuring
- Excellent project management skills
- Must have excellent communication skills – both written and presentation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database and web-based applications
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff, key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach local stations staffs, manage and develop high-performance teams, while implementing program strategies
- Creative and innovative thinking in bringing successful resolutions to high-impact, and complex problems.
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Requires manual dexterity and visual and hearing acuity. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station. Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions. If you do not have a resume readily available, please visit: http://dhl-resumebuilder.com This program will work on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
Working Hours: Flexibility needed for occassional morning shift
Business Unit: DHL Express US
Travel Required: Below 25%
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Work Permit Required: Yes
Shift Requirement: Evening