Lifetime Care Social Worker Pediatric Palliative Care - Part-time 25 hrs/wk. in Rochester, New York
SUMMARY: Responsible for the delivery of Pediatric Palliative Care Case Management Services to identified CompassionNet patients (families with a child with a potentially life-threatening illness). Will coordinate psychosocial support and counseling to referred patients and will facilitate financial and long-term care planning as needed. The case manager is responsible for communicating with the health care team and documenting all care activities.
- Participates in community outreach/education regarding program and eligibility.
- Responsible for referral intake, screening and admission to the program.
- Documents all communication/interventions with all program participants and potential participants.
- Assesses ongoing needs of participating children and families (Quarterly) and document such.
- Case conferences with all involved team members to assure coordination of services.
- Advocate on behalf of the child and family to assure their wishes are being respected and communicates to team members.
- Accesses/refers/purchases services needed to improve the quality of life of the child and to maintain the stability of the family unit as determined by the child/family/team.
- Documents expenses of all interventions outside the benefit and report monthly.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with community providers.
- Provides emotional/educational/informational support to the child and family unit.
- Understands and promotes the integration of palliative care with pediatric acute care and community-based care.
- Creatively addresses the needs of children and families working with administration to fill gaps in service.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- LMSW required with a minimum of 3 years pediatric experience..
- Must have ability to travel.
- Demonstrates strong communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills are necessary, including but not limited to the ability to navigate on a personal computer within a Windows based operating environment; the ability to access and create basic e-mail messages; and the ability to open, edit, and save basic electronic documents if necessary.
- With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
Physical Requirements: In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: 16-0366
Post Date: 7/10/2016
Title: Social Worker Pediatric Palliative Care - Part-time 25 hrs/wk.
Job Type: Part Time