Lifetime Care Customer Care Specialist - Call Center in Rochester, New York
SUMMARY: The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for delivering superior customer service/support by answering incoming calls and identifying and assessing individual patient, customer and physician needs and action steps to satisfy those needs. Performs office functions that facilitate the efficient processing of referrals for initial delivery of patient care. Promotes patient satisfaction with Lifetime Care Home Health and Hospice services.
The scheduled work hours for this position are 10:30a to 7:00pm Monday - Friday.
- Answers calls and obtains pertinent information too quickly and accurately identify and assess caller’s needs and determine action steps to satisfy those needs while ensuring a high level of service.
- Transfers phone calls when necessary; promptly and courteously to appropriate Lifetime Care personnel.
- Resolve basic types of customer service inquiries.
- Responds knowledgeably and professionally to inquiries regarding Lifetime Care Home Health and Hospice services and programs.
- Project patience, empathy, caring and sincerity when answering phones and end all calls with “Is there anything else I can do for you today”.
- Data entry of patient demographic information into computer system as assigned or as requested to assist Patient Care Coordinators and/or Home Care Coordinators.
- Verifies with physician office if patient status is active and in agreement to sign home care orders.
- Processing of administrative tasks such as copying, faxing, referral distribution and other computer generated assignments.
- Collects and documents data, generates and distributes reports.
- Calls patients prior to start of care to confirm their agreement for home care services and documents accordingly.
- Participates in customer satisfaction efforts to include surveying of patients by telephone.
- Assists with special projects, activities and performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience in a health care environment desirable.
- 2-3 years of customer service experienced required with 1 year of call center experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to interpret electronic data and apply to customer service calls.
- Strong communication, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and quality focused.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle changing work environment and to prioritize activities.
Proven ability to work in a team environment.
Strong data entry skills and proficient in the use of a PC (Windows operating enviroment); MS Word, Excell required.
Physical Requirements: In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: 16-1064
Post Date: 10/20/2016
Title: Customer Care Specialist - Call Center
Job Type: Full Time