Catholic Family Center Clinical Supervisor in Rochester, New York
About the Organization Catholic Family Center is a division of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rochester. CFC is a leading catalyst for social change and offers true collaboration to our partners and difference-making opportunities that will transform our community.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity posters at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Under general supervision, provides overall leadership and supervision for program staff and oversee coordination of services. Incumbents maintain confidentiality and ethical standards as identified by the NYS Education Department, NYS Medicaid, NASW or other relevant governing bodies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees daily operation for assigned Programs.
- Supervises the employees and volunteers to ensure high quality services and programs.
- Direct, coach, collaborate with and delegate tasks appropriately.
- Build and sustains cooperative working relationships among program staff.
- Assist in the initiation and implementation of staff development and training programs to maximize professional practice.
- Identifies and utilizes program personnel effectively and responsibly.
- Accesses employees’ skills and program needs and appropriately assign staff to meet program needs.
- Participates in selection, hiring, and orientation of Staff.
- Assist in the development of program goals and objectives on an annual basis and monitor their implementation.
- Coordinates employee schedules to ensure day-to-day coverage of the Programs.
- Reviews and approves timesheets.
- Evaluates program effectiveness and recommends alternatives as required.
- Conducts and participates in regularly scheduled individual and group meetings.
- Oversee department clinical reviews ensuring they comply with all departmental and regulatory requirements.
- Provide on-going constructive and/or positive feedback.
- Address performance problems appropriately.
- Motivate program staff and volunteers through supportive guidance and appropriate recognition.
- Prepare performance appraisals in a timely manner according to agency procedures.
- Coordinates client care.
- Provide supervision for employees in identifying and implementing services for clients.
- Assist in assessing, developing, implementing, and monitoring treatment and/or care plans that meet client and family needs. This may include but is not limited to providing information and referrals, advocacy, benefits counseling, individual and family counseling, and securing financial and medical resources.
- Oversee referrals to both internal CFC programs and external agencies for appropriate services.
- May carry a caseload of clients.
- Completes all necessary paperwork related to client services in compliance with Agency and regulatory standards.
- Ensures effective communications with Agency Staff and related community organizations to assure coordination of client services.
- Provides back up for Staff as required.
- Build and maintain effective linkages and relationships with informal and community agencies and individuals.
- Completes administrative and supervisory tasks as necessary for the Programs.
- Responsible for completing necessary grants and budgets, as well as researching new grant opportunities.
- Able to navigate required databases to include CFC internal, local and state funder databases.
- Responsible for complete, accurate and timely data collection and for generating reports as required.
- Responsible for ensuring programs meet funder, local and state requirements and code mandates.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures.
- Attends and may represent Department at Agency and community meetings as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date professional knowledge of appropriate fields, available community services, etc. through, but not limited to, in-service training, reading, workshops, and conferences.
- Awareness of and active support of the Agency's Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan. Including, but not limited to, supporting the Agency's Core Competency initiatives of being Collaborative and Community Focused, Innovative and Entrepreneurial, and Culturally Competent and Diverse.
- Other responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
*Education: *Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW) or Mental Health Counseling (LMHC) required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
*Credentials: *Valid and clean NYS Driver’s License. QHP credentials are required – CASAC, LMSW, LCSW, NCCC, LMHC, CRC, RN, or PhD.
*Experience: *Three to five years of experience in the human services field. Prior experience working with health/chemical dependency, substance abuse, mental health services, or child welfare preferred. Minimum one year of supervisory experience.
*Physical Demands/Work Environment: *The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and/or perform light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Compliance: Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CFC’s corporate compliance program.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive. Employees will follow other instructions and perform other related duties as required.
Position: Clinical Supervisor
Req Number: CLI-16-00037
Location: MHC - Administrative Offices - Rochester, NY