Ingersoll Rand Trane - HVAC Technician Helper - Riverside, CA. in RIVERSIDE, California
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVAC Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
In this position you would be responsible for daily maintenance, repair, operation and inspection of rental equipment accessories. You will participate in the daily work assignments and inventory to include fleet readiness, repair scheduling, parts inventory and parts ordering. You will also assist with shipping and receiving. This position will also participate in the general safety and health needs of the workforce with the Operations Team Leader. You must have the ability to comprehend rental modifications and application needs. In addition you will use, care, and operate heavy equipment such as forklifts, cranes and switcher trucks. You must be available to participate in an on-call rotation to support rental operations. It is essential that you be able to handle other situations that may be required to maintain a smooth and continuous operation of the facility. Finally you will function as a team member to help with project installations.
- Responsible for supporting the Team Leader with rental fleet maintenance activities, safety/housekeeping, and job order fulfillment.
- Represents the company with direct customer contact and under direction from the HVAC Technician, assists in servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates with HVAC Technician to ensure rental equipment preparation and readiness for customers and delivery of parts to job sites, as necessary.
- In addition to helping with other duties at the depot, you may perform vehicle maintenance, as necessary.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays (travel up to but not limited to 30 %).
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Some experience in the HVAC industry; or education (Technical School) is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years.
- You will be required to obtain a Class A CDL within the first year of employment.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: RIVERSIDE-California
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 29, 2016, 3:12:04 PM