OSI Group Plant Controller in Riverside, California
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tue, 29 Nov 2016
Responsible for managing facility level accounting activities to achieve established facility and related organization objectives. Supervises department staff, enters data, creates reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations to management with regards to facility financial matters.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize and coordinate all activities of the general accounting function and payroll to ensure accurate and timely recording, processing, and reporting of all financial activity.
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly and quarterly financial reports; identifying errors or areas of concern and making recommendations to resolve. Prepare forecasts as requested.
- Participate in management meetings to provide input on costing, expenses, capital investments and other financial matters related to existing or developing products and customers.
- Participate in a variety of internal and external audits by providing required financial information and explaining processes, procedures, and data.
- Prepare, review and submit annual budget for approval. Track approved budget against actual throughout the year, investigating and resolving variances as they arise.
- Supervise department staff to include; hiring, training, assessing, developing, disciplining and terminating. Ensure that staff has sufficient knowledge and resources available to successfully complete assigned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or related financial field.
- At least 5 years experience managing the accounting activities at a stand alone manufacturing facility within a larger multi-site organization.
- Thorough end user knowledge of enterprise resource planning software and the ability to enter, audit, analyze and report on information within such system.
- Ability to create and maintain complex accounting reports within a spreadsheet application.
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Riverside, California, United States