HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vascular Technologist in Richmond, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. *Performs non-invasive peripheral vascular testing to evaluate the hemodynamics of arterial, venous and/or cerebrovascular circulation by utilizing Doppler ultrasound, plethysmography, duplex imaging and sound spectrum analysis according to the Vascular Lab procedural policies.
2. *Compiles reports to communicate test results to referring physicians by EMR notation and/or oral report of preliminary findings and transmittal of final evaluation.
*3. *Pursues professional development to prepare for additional responsibilities and improve current job performance by participating in educational meetings, independent study and maintaining appropriate certification.
4. *Maintains lab equipment to ensure optimal functioning; inspecting for breakdown, trouble-shooting and communicating with appropriate repair persons.
*5. *Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
6. *Correlates non-invasive test results with other radiologic modalities in order to maintain quality control and to establish current accuracy.
7. *Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
*8. * Assists the physician as needed during procedures and monitors physiological parameters during
9. **Demonstrates proficiency in operating and troubleshooting equipment in the Vascular Lab.
10. **Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
11. **Safely transports machine to patient room to perform vascular exam or transports patients to office as necessary.
12. **Takes call after regular hours.
*13. * Participates actively in continuing education and assists in education of new staff as requested.
*14. * Communicates effectively with Department Leader, Clinical Coordinator, staff members and physicians and serves as a liaison to promote interdepartmental relationships.
*15. * Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
*THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN () ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED *NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Must be either RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist) or RVS (Registered Vascular Sonographer).
Title: Vascular Technologist
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-33848