WestRock Supply Chain Analyst in Richmond, Virginia
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Supply Chain Analyst - Richmond, VA
501 South 5th St
Richmond, Virginia, 23219-0501
Responsible for maintaining current and accurate pricing and customer master data in all systems supporting forecasting, order management, quality, complaints and finance processes for the North America Beverage Folding Carton operations. The individual in this role must interface with our Customer Support, Finance, Pricing and Commercial teams to gather the necessary pricing and customer inputs to these systems. This individual will also be the primary point of contact for analyzing and reconciling any discrepancies that are identified within the pricing and customer master data (i.e. – pricing analysis, billing issue resolution, AR reconciliation). This position will report to the Beverage Supply Chain Support Manager
Description of Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Pricing Administration – Enter and maintain pricing in the ERP system, ensuring accuracy through daily exception management. Monitor item initiation and proactively enter pricing as needed. Perform mass pricing updates as needed for annual and ad-hoc price changes. Evaluate daily price exception reports and identify root cause of exceptions. Initiate credit/rebill activities as needed.
- Maintain accurate pricing in the demand forecasting application for all customer account and die combinations in support of the annual business planning process and the monthly financial forecast process. Calculate weighted average pricing as needed to ensure accuracy of revenue forecast. Add and maintain actual pricing for new and existing customers throughout the fiscal year.
- Pricing Analysis, Billing Issue Resolution, and AR Reconciliation –Provide reporting, root cause analysis and resolution support on pricing related errors as needed. Identify and resolve pricing errors within applicable systems utilizing ERP and data warehouse applications. Run price reconciliation reports and accruals for credits/invoices, and update all necessary parties of accrual requirements. Resolve over/underpayment with Accounts Receivable team.
- Complaints Management System – Perform credit documentation, pricing research and accruals for quality related billings. Ensure suitable backup/proof is attached for requested credits
- Customer Master - Create, maintain, report, and coordinate all new and existing beverage customer master data, updating associated tables as needed. Manage IRS number database and create appropriate tax codes in the beverage ERP system. Ensure appropriate tax codes are set up in customer master to be applied appropriately to invoices (Canadian customers only). Work with JDE Master Data team to align BPCS customers to JDE customers.
- Pricing System Audit – Provide auditors with required information regarding pricing procedures, price sheets, and back-up for pricing. Audit data to be pulled using BPCS and Salesforce.com.
- Customer Reports – Provide ad-hoc sales and pricing analysis reports to business team.
- FX Management – Ensure that the FX rate to/from USD to CAD is maintained properly in all systems . Restate pricing on price sheets to align with new FX peg rates.
Key Outcomes & Accountabilities
- Accurate pricing data maintained within BPCS and APO
- Accurate & timely reconciliation of pricing discrepancies
- Effective relationships with Commercial, Customer support, Finance, and Pricing teams
- Accurate customer master data
- Documented processes in preparation for audits
- Ability to maintain data in multiple currencies
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability and desire to manage large volumes of detailed data on a regular basis, and ability to recognize erroneous data
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Advanced computer skills: Strong proficiency with Excel
- Proven experience in process definition and implementation
- Finance or Pricing experience desired, but not required
- Systems experience with AS400 or SAP applications desired but not required. INFOR BPCS or SAP experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, supply chain management, business administration or related fields
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Supply Chain Analyst