HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR) Trauma Preferred - PRN in Richmond, Virginia
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed Level II Trauma Center. As part of our full range of healthcare services,we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health—including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care—orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants—through the Virginia Transplant Center—and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital Surgical and Endoscopy services include:
* 24/7 on-site anesthesia coverage
* 14 operating rooms; 4 Endo Procedure Rooms
* Full range of surgical services
* lntraoperative MRI
* Minimally invasive surgical program
* Outpatient surgery center
* da Vinci ® robotic surgery system
* Private surgical nursing unit
* Neurosurgical spine care
* Cardiothoracic surgery
* Comprehensive breast surgery program
* Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery
* Virginia Transplant Center
TheOR Registered Nurse (RN)will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. The Operating Room RN:
* Manages the nursing care of surgical patients in the Operating Room in accordance with AORN Preoperative Standards and Recommended Practices.
* Performs circulating duties according to procedure, demonstrating skill and efficiency, and displaying the surgical consciousness required within this highly specialized environment. The OR RN may also be required to perform scrub duties according to surgical protocol. * Assumes responsibility for knowledge of surgical procedures and associated nursing care; and will seek appropriate resources when necessary. * Demonstrates the ability to accurately and thoroughly complete peri-operative nursing record documentation ( i.e. surgical site confirmation and patient identification verification). * Provides communication to the patient’s family and/or significant other. * Demonstrates self-direction above and beyond daily assignments and actively offers assistance to colleagues both within the main OR’s, cardiac OR’s and various other surgical services units. * Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment. * Collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment. * Demonstrates collegial behavior of respect and consideration with regard to work environment (i.e. restocking rooms, returning equipment/supplies for other surgical procedures, cleaning work areas/station and or communicate as appropriate). * Works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare. * Expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
_Patient Rights_-The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy. _Patient Safety_–The Registered Nurse demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: * Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required) * BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: * Current Registered Nurse License in this state (required) * American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required) * ACLS, TNCC and CNOR certification (preferred)
EXPERIENCE: * Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Perioperative RN (required) * 2 – 5 years of Level I, II or III Trauma Nursing experience (preferred) * Previous experience with Ortho & Trauma OR cases (preferred) HOURS: * PRN
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR) Trauma Preferred - PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-35077