HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse, Float Pool PRN in Richmond, Virginia
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The RN, Central Resource Pool provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols. The tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Provides nursing care within the philosophy, objectives and policies of the facility.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to provide quality nursing care via the nursing process.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with the healthcare team.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others
- Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Performs job tasks to ensure patient, personal and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Assesses and coordinates patient discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
Requirements to qualify/remain in the Central Resource Pool are as follows: • Minimum of three years of acute care experience. • Minimum of two competency categories required, but at least a three competency category commitment is preferred. • Completion of competency assessment within 90 days of entering the float pool and annually as needed. • Demonstrate the ability to manage standard patient assignments within the categories you are competent. • Maintain licensure and mandatory training and certifications in a timely manner prior to expiration dates. You are expected to keep up with all licensures and certifications as well as annual requirements per hospital standards which include: Healthstream, Sullivan (ER only), Code of Conduct, Skills Fair, and any other education deemed necessary by the Director (you will be notified of additional education requirements). • To be eligible for hire into the CRP, you are expected to not have any counseling and/or occurrences within a 12 month rolling period prior to hire. As a CRP member you are held to a higher standard of nursing and are expected to maintain in good standing with the attendance policy. • Demonstrate a professional behavior at all times and adhere to CJW’s dress code per policy.
Title: Registered Nurse, Float Pool PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-34396