HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Technician PRN in Richmond, Virginia
We've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means you can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care you need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center. SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to the cardiac/medicine patient under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Uses computer proficiently.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the cardiac monitoring system.
- Promotes fiscal responsibility and supports the goals and objectives of the units, department, and organization.
EDUCATION: Required: Current enrollment in accredited RN nursing program with successful completion of at least one clinical rotation. Theoretical instruction combined with clinical experience.
EXPERIENCE: Required: Successful completion of a Nursing Fundamentals Course (for RN student nurses). Recent computer experience- data entry and retrieval. Experience with medical terminology. Satisfactory reference from last employer or vocational school.
Title: Nurse Technician PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Johnston-Willis Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-35087