HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Manager- NICU in Richmond, Virginia
Neonatal Critical Care Unit Nurse Manager
We're a 340-bed community hospital with the latest in advanced technology, a combination that enables us to deliver exceptional results. As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health—including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care—orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants—through the Virginia Transplant Center—and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia. All HCA Virginia hospitals are Certified Primary Stroke Care Centers, designated by The Joint Commission, which recognizes our exceptional efforts to create better outcomes for potential stroke and heart attack patients. They also are accredited Chest Pain Centers by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
At the direction of the NICU Director, the Nurse Manager supervises departmental personnel in a manner staff that enables them to achieve their potential as members of an effective team. Addition responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manages all direct and indirect nursing care given to the patients within the department to ensure optimal patient care.
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with all members of the healthcare team, customers and key stakeholders.
• Contributes to development, implementation and monitoring of operational and capital budgets to ensure sound fiscal management of the department. Manages departmental supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
• Assists the Director in the continual assessment and improvement of the department's performance through monitoring and advancement of nursing quality and patient safety. Compiles and analyzes data in a systematic method that effectively identifies opportunities and measures improvement.
• Serves as a professional role model for the Nursing Team.
• Pursues own professional growth through continuing education, participation in a professional organization and inservices.
• Actively participates in Hospital and community activities to promote the role of the professional nurse to recruit and retain staff as well as market organizational services.
EXPERIENCE: Required: Two years of current experience in nursing in which leadership and management abilities have been demonstrated.
Preferred: Three years of current experience in nursing with participation in formal leadership role(s) (e.g. Charge Nurse) and activities (e.g. Nurse Practice Council).
EDUCATION: Required: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Preferred: BSN
LICENSURE*: Required: Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.
Title: Nurse Manager- NICU
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-35299