HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mammographer PRN - Imaging Center in Richmond, Virginia
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs mammography procedures in accordance with established protocols for patient ages. Demonstrates proficiency in routine diagnostic mammographic procedures. Responsible for maintaining expert technical and patient care skills to provide quality diagnostic results. Responsible for supply/inventory management.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Performs breast imaging studies utilizing appropriate positioning techniques and protocols.
· Selects proper and accurate technical factors as required to assure consistent optimal image quality and minimize radiation exposure to the patient. Self evaluates the quality of all radiologic and mammographic procedures assuring that only optimal films are submitted for interpretation to the Radiologist.
· Instructs and prepares patients for radiology procedures in a professional manner within established policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates technical expertise to operate Imaging equipment and obtain high quality films.
· Correctly identifies films utilizing lead markers and PACS annotation as indicated.
· Obtains and records all pertinent clinical information relating to the procedure ordered including but not limited to patient history, pregnancy, allergies, lab tests, correlative procedure results, reason for the test and patient complaints/symptoms in accordance with Center policy.
· Performs quality control procedures prior to performing clinical procedures and regularly inspects equipment. Reports concerns to supervisor.
· Ensures that patient results are communicated to healthcare team timely, accurately and without compromising security and confidentiality.
· Ensures all required documentation, requisitions, forms, charges, and patient’s medical record are completed per established Center policy. Completes all written and computer documentation in a timely manner.
· Ensures compliance to JCAHO (if applicable) and all other applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies.
· Plays active role in ACR accreditation and in process/maintenance of Center accreditation.
· Actively participates in staff orientation, training, education programs, performance improvement, and quality control activities and initiatives.
· Uses equipment in safe and effective manner; reporting repairs to appropriate person.
· Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
· Reduces hazards/risks, prevents accidents/injuries and maintains safe conditions in workplace.
· Completes on-going continual education to improve job performance, maintain licensure/certification/registration, and stays abreast of current trends and practices.
· Maintains and organizes supplies appropriately.
· Fosters open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions.
· Meets established goals and objectives
· Follows through with work assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete task.
· Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Possess strong knowledge of all diagnostic, radiologic and mammography procedures and equipment including general radiologic units, mammography systems, stereotactic and ABBI devices.
· Knowledge in detecting adverse symptomology relating to procedures or contrast related problems. **
· Displays knowledge of the theory, techniques of mammography, the operation and care of mammography equipment and the principles of radiation safety.
· Displays high degree of working knowledge of the Imaging equipment utilized.
· Knowledge of, observes, and complies with Center safety policies, emergency procedures, and standard precautions.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to read, follow and comprehend both written and verbal instructions.
· Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions and seeks guidance as needed.
· Demonstrates ability to complete work within appropriate time frame and perform accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased work loads and high stress.
· Demonstrates a through knowledge of work practices, policies, and procedures.
· Demonstrates ability to treat all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
· Demonstrates ability to solve customer/patient problems, treats customer/patient with dignity and respect, and responds quickly to customer/patient needs.
· Demonstrates ability to establish effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
· Demonstrates ability to work independently to perform job and maintain ACR accreditation and FDA requirements with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrates ability to set priorities.
· Demonstrates ability to perform duties in a cost-effective manner.
· Demonstrates initiative and requires minimal supervision.
· High School diploma or equivalent. Graduate of JRCERT accredited imaging program required.
· Two to four years experience required.
· – ARRT (R) (M), BLS required; state license as required; Specialty certifications may be required as per state guidelines and/or modality.
Title: Mammographer PRN - Imaging Center
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Independence Park Imaging
Requisition ID: 23001-2328