HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Assistant Director, Surgical Services in Richmond, Virginia
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Asst Director for Chippenham Surgical Services will be afforded an excellent opportunity to learn, develop, and advance either on the unit, in other Chippenham specialty areas, or across HCA hospitals.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Manages all direct and indirect nursing care given to the patients within the department to ensure optimal patient care. / /
· Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with all members of the healthcare team, customers and key stakeholders.
· Contributes to development, implementation and monitoring of operational and capital budgets to ensure sound fiscal management of the department. Manages departmental supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
· Assists the Director in the continual assessment and improvement of the department's performance through monitoring and advancement of nursing quality and patient safety. Compiles and analyzes data in a systematic method that effectively identifies opportunities and measures improvement.
· Serves as a professional role model for the Nursing Team.
· Pursues own professional growth through continuing education, participation in a professional organization and inservices.
· Actively participates in Hospital and community activities to promote the role of the professional nurse to recruit and retain staff as well as market organizational services.
Required: Two years of current experience in nursing in which leadership and management abilities have been demonstrated.
Preferred: Three years of current experience in nursing with participation in formal leadership role(s) (e.g. Charge Nurse) and activities (e.g. Nurse Practice Council). * * * * *EDUCATION: * Required:Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Preferred: BSN
*LICENSURE: * Required:**Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.**
Title: Assistant Director, Surgical Services
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-34876