Comcast Sr. Manager, Vulnerability Management in Reston, Virginia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Sr. Manager of Vulnerability Management is responsible for the leadership and facilitation of security vulnerability remediation and ensuring transparency across the Enterprise. This leader is expected to develop the processes and tools to make vulnerability management more and more efficient and to work with teams to set priorities. S/he will act as a subject matter expert, liaise with key business and technology stakeholders to ensure compliance expectations are realized in a timely manner.
- Lead a team to communicate known vulnerabilities and threats in the Comcast system and environments to business owners
- Partner and collaborate with business and technology teams to provide security expertise as the business teams develop remediation solutions for security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Lead initiatives that enhance Comcast's Audit, risk and information security processes within its GRC and Analytics tools
- Foster a team culture of continuous improvement, mentoring and learning, data driven decisions, and accountability for delivery of key metrics and deliverables
- Keeps abreast of industry best practices, vendor capabilities and academic frameworks to sustain best-in-class program
- Effectively manages Managed Security Services resources by ensuring resources are appropriately tasked and delivering against milestones. Escalates skill set issues to MSS Management and recommends corrective action
- Supports the budget and resource forecasting process
- Produces complex, high-priority recurring and ad-hoc reports with the purpose of measuring progress towards goals, measuring performance against objectives, and identifying improvement opportunities in the areas of risk of compliance. Will feed this data directly into the GRC Scorecard
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related filed
- 5 years experience as a manager with emphasis on IT Security and technical solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on experience with the remediation of security vulnerabilities (e.g. OS/Application Patching, Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing).
- Knowledge of current security threat landscape including traditional data center and cloud computing platforms.
- Experienced in, and able to formulate, the effectiveness and benefits of security remediation initiatives in the context of overall business risk mitigation, security posture, and the company's operational objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security industry standards and leading practices (e.g. PCI, OWASP, NIST, CIS, CVSSv3).
- Must be able to simplify security and technical concepts for teams within our business and technology teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of work streams simultaneously, and under deadline.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer