Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems 5 in Reston, Virginia
Engineer Systems 5
Requisition ID: 17004749
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Reston
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to perform technical planning, concept and engineering, of the following applications within the EADIS/EAMS programs: eContent, eContent-JS, eTask, EDW, ISM (data migration and then retire system), IAA Adoption activities. The position requires senior-level skills in systems engineering and analyses at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, production, test, as well as experience in and understanding of evaluating, interpreting, and distilling customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
The successful candidate should possess sound problem solving skills and be able to work both independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will possess strong technical skills and exemplary interpersonal skills. Solid oral, written, and presentation communication skills are a must, as the incumbent works directly with our customers and has frequent inter-organizational contacts. Understanding of the full software development life cycle, along with experience in both traditional waterfall and agile development is required. You will understand service-based architectures and understand communication patterns in a distributed environment.
- Minimum experience: 14 years of experience with Bachelor's in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or equivalent degree; 12 years with Master’s degree, or 9 years with a PhD
- Full understanding of and experience in software and system requirements development, interpretation, and implementation
- Experience resolving complex situations for operational mission critical systems
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working with subcontractors and US Government customers
- Experience working with 3-Tiered architecture
- Experience working successfully both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle, with familiarity with both traditional waterfall and agile development
- Experience with software architecture and operational view documentation
- Must be clearable to and be able to maintain TS/SCI clearance and obtain a CI Poly prior to start
- US Citizenship required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Systems 5
Requisition ID: 17004749