Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Lead Security Officer II-IV in Rensselaer, New York
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Summary: Provides security support and shift leadership for the IOPS facility in Rensselaer.
Leadership-Related Activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides on-the-floor leadership to employees and contract security;
• Ensures employees timesheets are completed on time;
• Perform minimally monthly performance feedback meetings with direct reports;
• Escalates all performance issues to Manager and/or Directors and/or HR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Greet and process visitors, clients and contractors as they arrive at the site.
• Monitor international security incidents and impact on travelers;
• Maintain site access; issue access cards and parking permits to employees, contractors and visitors, handles all special permit requests;
• Respond to emergency situations. Assists with emergency procedures and may direct public safety officials;
• Train and supervise activities contract security, new employees, and contractors on Regeneron security policies;
• Compile data for monthly security reports, work with managers of controlled and restricted areas to maintain accurate and up to date access;
• Maintain compliance with quality SOP’s relating to security operations;
• Assist in organizing and leading drills related to campus safety and security;
• Investigate and follow-up on all incidents that compromise the safety and security of the site;
• Conduct security audits and develop risk assessments for audit findings. Implement corrective action plans for audit findings;
• Plan and coordinate security operations for special events;
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and techniques;
• Train contract security, new employees, and contractors on Regeneron security policies.
• Conduct video investigaions for process quality assurance and other manufacturing related activities;
• Monitor and maintain electronic protection systems including alarms, CCTV, access control, fire, elevator, intercom and other systems as assigned. Dispatch security, public safety or other personnel to alarm conditions across the country from our alarm monitoring center. Maintain data bases within these systems and provides reports from same.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA Degree in related field with at least 5 years of law enforcement, military or security experience, along with a valid New York State Security Guard License or equivelant.
• May substitute equivalent relevant experience for educational requirement.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.