NV Employer Front Desk Clerk in Reno, Nevada
POSITION: Front Desk Clerk in the hotel industry.
TYPE: Full time regular; 30-40 hours a week, days and shifts varies.
LOCATION: Reno, NV 89501.
SALARY: $8.75 hour, paid time off and benefits.
To apply for this position you must visit a Nevada JobConnect office for a referral. Please bring a current resume and be prepared to take a typing test and complete online application.
1. Minimum six (6) months related experience and/or training.
2. Minimum 18 years of age for insurance purposes.
3. Minimum education High School diploma or equivalent.
4. Ability to type 30 WPM, typing test and certification provided at any Nevada JobConnect office.
5. Basic computer skills, experience with OPERA software program a plus.
6. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
7. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees in the organization.
8. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
9. Ability to carry out written and oral instructions; and ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
10.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use hands to handle objects, tools and operate the computer.
11. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
12. The employee is exposed to extreme temperatures and smoky atmosphere.
13. Employer may conduct drug test and background check.
Responsible for registering the guests in and out of the hotel. Greets the guests registering into the hotel in a professional and friendly manner. Registers the guests in the hotel by entering their information in the computer, assigning rooms according to the needs or preferences of the guests. Accepts payments in cash, travelers check or credit card; issues receipts and gives the room key and change as needed. Directs the guests the way to their rooms and calls for bellman to assists guests in transporting their luggage as necessary. Checks the guests out of the hotel. Computes expenses incurred during their stay such as phone calls, pay-per-view movies ordered, room service, etc. Accepts payments for expenses incurred, issues receipts and gives change as necessary. Retrieves the room key. Coordinates with Bellman regarding luggage for pick up in the room of guests checking out of the hotel. Books or makes future reservations for guests. Accepts payment for advanced bookings, issues receipts and gives change as necessary. Answers phone calls for guests, takes down messages and relays the same to the guests when they pick up their key from the front desk. Coordinates with departments concerned regarding room availability and other matters related to front desk operations. Coordinates with housekeeping the rooms that are to be vacated for the day to ensure that these are cleaned and ready for occupancy as soon as possible. Answers phone inquiries on room availability, rates, promotions, etc. Assists the guests in their special requests, complaints and problems. Prints all transactions at the end of the shift and reconciles totals on the computer printout against cash on hand. Prepares and balances the shift end report before submitting to immediate supervisor. Keeps the front desk neat and clean at all times. Performs other duties as assigned.