Thermo Fisher Scientific Sr. Director, Thermo Fisher Center for Precision Medicine in Remote / Field, California
Reports To : Vice President Omics Vertical Marketing, Chromatography and Mass Spec
Position Location : Cambridge, MA
Number of Direct Reports : 5-6
The new Director of the Thermo Fisher Precision Medicine Center will establish the Center as a showcase and operational model of integrated, multi-omic sample profiling in support of global precision medicine initiatives. The Center will develop and maintain state-of-the-art proteomic, metabolomic, genomic and transcriptomic profiling technologies. The Center will lead projects to integrate these profiles into a comprehensive sample phenotype which can be used for sample classification. The Center will act as the Precision Medicine program and project coordinator, with direct involvement of many Thermo Fisher businesses. The Center will collaborate extensively with external partners to apply these approaches to precision medicine projects in support of clinical research, population studies, and clinical trials.
The Center is intended to be both a working laboratory and an education resource, open to researchers with an interest in infrastructure, workflows, and sample profiling methodologies to support precision medicine programs. The Center will conduct studies, trainings, seminars and open houses to share knowledge and promote visibility and adoption of Thermo Fisher precision medicine workflows.
The Director will be responsible for all aspects of the Center, including scientific, collaborative, operational, financial, and administrative management of the Cambridge site.
Establish the scientific and commercial mission for the Center.
Assume responsibility for ongoing collaborations.
Develop new collaborations to support the scientific and commercial goals for the Center.
Participate actively in the scientific community, through participation in conferences and interactions with industry and academic partners.
Develop VOC regarding the needs of Precision Medicine practitioners through regular interactions, advisory board and other mechanisms.
Work closely with Thermo Fisher business partners to discuss, refine and develop solutions and workflows to serve the needs of Precision Medicine programs. Support the new product development process for relevant projects.
Develop an operational capacity to conduct sample analysis, studies, collaborations, and workflow development in proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics, and genomics.
Manage scientific collaborations and relationships.
Participate actively in multi-omic data integration and interpretation efforts.
Work closely with commercial partners to provide scientific influence to help win strategic business relationships.
Develop a PR plan to promote the Center and its accomplishments.
Conduct trainings, seminars, webinars, tours, open houses, etc. to expand the public profile and influence of the Center.
Develop and recruit scientific talent to the Cambridge site.
Financial and administrative responsibility for the Cambridge site.
The Director will report to the VP of Omics Vertical Marketing for CMD.
· 10 years work experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or academia.
· Advanced degree in Life Science discipline; MS, Ph.D. or MBA highly desirable.
· Knowledge of LC/MS history and competitive market dynamics.
· Previous success in managing clinical/translational programs or studies.
· Previous success in managing clinical collaborations.
· Expert-level knowledge of multiple omic profiling technologies including practical aspects of sample preparation, analysis, data integration and interpretation.
· Active membership and visible presence in key industry and scientific organizations.
· Demonstrated results in driving large-scale global projects and programs.
· Ability to manage, motivate and demand accountability within a global team.
· Significant experience in building and leading high-performing organizations.
· Excellent strategic thinker with superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
· Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics.
· Highly self-motivated leader with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
· Ability to travel 10-25% of the time.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.