Microsoft Corporation Senior Product Designer in Redmond, Washington
We are looking for a talented product designer to join the Education team and help us shape our products used in K-12 and higher education. The experience you’ll design will help students, teachers, school IT professionals, staff, and parents around the world.
What are we up to?
Microsoft's education products - including Microsoft Classroom, OneNote Class Notebook, Learning Tools, and more for K-12 and Higher Education worldwide. We aim to create powerful learning & collaboration tools that meet changing education strategies and support inclusive & adaptive learning.
Who you are:
You are an expert in thinking through challenging interaction and visual design challenges. You are passionate about creating user experiences that are beautifully intuitive and motivating. You think about the big picture, the brand, and most importantly, the user from concept to execution.
You love working with a team on a mission and are eager to collaborate with engineers and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You love creating rough prototypes to vet ideas and have maniacal attention to detail in the finished product.
You’re a clear and articulate communicator, and a strong partner to other Microsoft teams. You’re deliberate about your design approach, and you rely on feedback from the team and users to iterate. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Above all, you're passionate about improving education.
What you'll do:
• Work with product managers and engineers to help define what we should build.
• Create mockups, both static and interactive, to communicate and validate design decisions.
• Participate in the design, observation, and analysis of user research.
• Work closely with engineers to ensure the design is implemented effectively and iterate in code to refine the design and respond to user feedback.
• Provide coaching and mentorship to less experienced designers to help improve the whole team.
You should have:
• A current online portfolio demonstrating expertise in visualizing and interacting with data.
• At least 6 years of experience designing and shipping software.
• Fluency with designing phone & larger screen experiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content publishing (engineering)