Indian Health Service Pharmacist - ESEP/MP in Red Mesa, Arizona
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following locations:
- Red Mesa, AZ
- Bloomfield, NM
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Thursday 1/28/2016 (270 day(s) ago)
** Closes Saturday 12/31/2016 (68 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives. The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Announcement amended to include Dzilth-Na-O-Dith-Hle Health Center, Bloomfield, NM.
This position is located in the Pharmacy Department of the Four Corners Regional Health Center, Red Mesa, AZ and Dzilth-Na-O-Dith-Hle Health Center, Bloomfield, New Mexico. Performing a full range of comprehensive pharmacy services. The Staff Pharmacist reports directly to the Pharmacy Director (Chief Pharmacy) or his designee.
- Review prescriptions, patient medication profile and patient records in order to dispense the prescribed pharmaceutical.
- Counsel patients on the use, storage, cautions and side effects of all medication dispensed.
- Accurate filling and dispensing of prescription and over-the-counter drugs on prescribed orders.
- Provide drug information on all drug related questions from the Medical staff.
- Not Required
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Positive education required
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Education: Four-year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
Licensure: All applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below-
GS-09: Successful completion of a 5-year course of study leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in pharmacy from an approved pharmacy school, or 1 year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-7.
GS-11: Successful completion of a 6-year course of study leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree; 1 year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-9.
Specialized Experience: Professional knowledge of the theories, practices, and techniques of clinical and basic pharmacy to provide direct patient services. Knowledge in planning, monitoring and evaluation drug therapy in a clinical setting. Providing advice to patients regarding administering, storing and precautions of their medications. Communicate with health providers in regards to the total treatment of patients.
Medical Requirements: Applicants must be able to distinguish basic colors.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain pharmacy licensure requirements. If licensure is not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) of the closing date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Loan Repayment Program (LRP): The Indian Health Service, National Health Service Corps (NHSC), and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) have student loan repayment programs for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on agency high priorities and availability of funds. For additional information please visit:
For IHS: http://www.ihs.gov/loanrepayment
For NHSC: https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment
For HRSA Nurse Corps: http://hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing/index.html
Promotion Potential: This position has promotion potential to the GS-11 grade level. Promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and "Regulatory/Administrative" approval. Promotion to next higher grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commission Corps. PHS Commission Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commission Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.uphs.gov/
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Recruitment or relocation incentives may be authorized. At least a 6 month service agreement will be required.
Appointment Above the minimum may or may not be authorized.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facility.
- This position is covered under the Indian Child Protection Act and is hereby designated an authorized position subject to P.L. 101-630 and P.L. 101-647.
IHS - Operated Properties are Tobacco-Free
Salary Range: $69,936.00 to $98,440.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-09/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference authority; Federal employee serving on career/career conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles; applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/GRA/30% disabled veterans; CTAP/ICTAP; Schedule A eligibles; PHS Commission Corps Personnel
Control Number: 427869500
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-NN-1601984-ESEP/MP