Godiva Chocolatier Maintenance Mechanic in Reading, Pennsylvania
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans
Job Locations US - PA - Reading
Area of Interest Operations/Manufacturing
The Maintenance Mechanic will diagnose and repair machinery, analyze equipment functions, and recommend upgrades. Additionally, coordinates repairs, installations, modifications, etc.
We are looking to fill one (1) position on night owl (3rd shift.) The hours for this position are 10:00pm - 6:00am. Hours may change based on production schedule and need. Daily overtime and weekends required. May need to move to another shift to help with projects or cover absences.
***Strong desire for candidates with a background in Electro-Mechanical / Mechatronics.
Utilize advanced electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills to efficiently diagnose and repair production machinery, analyze equipment functions and recommend upgrades to improve productivity and reliability. Coordinate efforts of plant personnel and outside contractors to complete repairs, installations modifications etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Responsible for daily maintenance and changeover of all process and packaging machinery.
- Identification and specification of repair parts as needed.
- Completion of preventative maintenance and inspections as scheduled.
- Responsible to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and repair production machinery, and assist other technicians in that effort when necessary.
- Recommend modifications to production and process equipment which will extent its usable life, enhance its function, or make it more safe and efficient.
- Guide and coordinate of efforts of outside contractors or plant personnel when necessary to complete a given project.
Install, Service, Repair, and Rebuild all plant production and processing equipment. Identification of repair parts as necessary. Completion of preventative maintenance and inspections as necessary. Assist vendors in the trial of new materials and equipment. Help Marketing to determine the feasibility of running new products. Aid operators on the proper way to adjust and run equipment. Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Comply with all safety policies, report safety violations, and attend safety meetings. Maintain home department in a clean and orderly manner. Perform other related work duties as requested by leader / supervisor. Required to work until end of production shift daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions and correspondences in English. Ability to effectively present information in a small group situation, and to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract three or more digit number and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, written, and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle objects, tools or controls. Reach with hands and arms, climb, and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Physically able to lift 65 pounds regularly.
- This position requires a high degree of mechanical ability.
- Must be computer literate and have ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- LOCK-OUT TAG-OUT Training
- Applicants must have advanced technical school training in Industrial Electromechanical Technology, and a minimum of 5 years industrial electromechanical maintenance experience. A thorough working knowledge of industrial electromechanical schematics and blueprints is required.
- Basic metal fabrication skills such as welding & machining are expected.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical concepts, in-depth of specific disciplines such as hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, oxyacetylene welding and cutting, machine tool processes and operation, and HVAC.
- Basic electrical skills in troubleshooting and installation of motor controls, single and three phase power, PLC programming.
- Ability to read, understand, and update blue prints, create schematics, and follow maintenance manual instructions, etc.
- Ability to fabricate parts using available plant equipment.
- Direct Supervision of Others
- Perform Under Time Pressure
- Make Independent Decisions
- Variable Type of Work
- Working more than 5 Days/Week
- Job Rotation
- Work Shifts > 8 hours
- Off-Hour Call-in
- Afternoon or Night Shift
Routine/4+ hours daily Close Quarters/Confined Space, Temperature (Cold Temps), Temperature (Hot Temps), Humid/Wet, Vibration, Moving Machinery, Dust, Fumes, or Gases (Inhalation), Chemicals (Contact), Elevated Work Surfaces, Electrical Work, Mechanical Work, Noise (>85 dBA), Working alone.
NON-STANDARD PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Routine/4+ hours daily Heat Protective Clothing, Hearing Protection,
Frequently 2-4 hours daily Fall Protection
Sometimes - 2 hours daily Chemical Protective Clothing, Chemical Goggles, Rubber Boots, Latex Rubber Work Gloves, Chemical Protective Work Gloves
ADDITIONAL PPE INFORMATION:
Routine/4+ hours daily Safety Glasses, Face Shield
individuals with disabilities, age, religion or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, transfer, layoff, recall and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.