Allscripts Principal Software Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
Job Locations US-NC-Raleigh
Posted Date 11/29/2016
Category Software Development
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to perform Specification, Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance.
- Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance
- Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
- Liaison with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
- Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timelines as defined by the PM
- Production, preparation and execution of unit test plans
- Production of efficient and fully documented code
- Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
- Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards
- Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timelines as defined by the Project Manager
- Use knowledge of industry changes in technology standards, information management, development standards, methods and emerging 3rd party software in order to advise on technology and leverage industry best practice in the design and construction of the product (This makes this one overlap with some architecture responsibilities, as per the P5 description). Quality and adherence to Standards
- Tech Specs, Code and/or Unit Test Plans produced are all in line with the Traceability Matrix/Functional Specification
- Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
- Peer review and sign-off of others work
- Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Line or Project Manager
- Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates
- Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
- Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
- Mentor junior team members in best practices and standards
- Research and propose relevant emerging technologies to develop technical edge for the product
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Technical / Business experience
- Typically 12+ years of technical experience in software development
- 10 plus years of Microsoft SQL development experience in a data warehousing environment
- Expertise in Object Oriented development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 or higher
- Experience with .NET technologies like C# and PowerShell a plus
- Understanding of cloud-based SaaS architectures – involves designing elastic solutions, distributed state, availability, scalability, etc..
- Adept in Object Oriented Design.
- Experience with full lifecycle development and using Agile methods.
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS based solutions a plus.
- Experience with healthcare systems and technology a plus: Care Management, HL7, HIE, IHE, CCD.
- Excellent analytical, design and troubleshooting skills and server side debugging skills.
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and tenacious when tackling tough technical issues.
- Ability to work closely within a team and collaborate with other.
- Ability to handle conflict, difficult situations, and urgent issues in a professional manner.
- Experience in working with offshore/distributed teams
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.