General Dynamics Information Technology Cyber Security Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
General Dynamics Information Technology has an opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer responsible for the security architecture across a variety of applications or domains, to include cloud computing, and assigned to project/initiatives of large size, complexity and risk. The Senior Cyber Security Engineer develops actionable security blueprints, principles, models, designs, standards and guidelines to ensure enterprise information technology architecture and support is consistent, usable, secure and adds value to the business.
• Analyze similarities and differences of an existing system and customer needs to identify protection needs for information system(s) and network(s); provides detailed specifications for technical needs of the infrastructure
• Develop a system security context and preliminary system security concept of operations (CONOPS), including baseline system security requirements
• Determine appropriate levels of system availability based on critical system functions; provides input on system requirements to address appropriate disaster recovery and continuity of operations requirements
• Evaluate acquisition documents against existing and proposed security architectures and designs by examining the security-relevant parts of a system and interrelationships within the enterprise.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or a related technical discipline is required, Masters Degree preferred
- 7+ years in information security
CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more required)
CompTIA Security + CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.