Allscripts Clinical Analyst: Sunrise Pharmacy in Raleigh, North Carolina
Job Locations US
Posted Date 11/29/2016
Category EHR Implementation
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of the Sr Pharmacy Business Analyst role is responsibility for creating the business and/or functional requirements necessary for technology solutions that meet customer needs, expected delivery dates, and exceptional quality standards.
- Leads clinical requirements development
- Applies clinical knowledge to integrate clinical practice and technology into clinical workflows that support safe and efficient patient care.
- Serves as a skilled clinical resource in support of non-clinical team members
- Acts as a liaison between end users, clinicians and non-clinical analysts.
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide clinical application solutions for assigned business areas.
- Possess functional knowledge of assigned application technology.
- Interact with business users to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests
- Serve liaison role between application technology vendors, internal IS groups, and clinical users.
- Translate business requirements into product-specific designs and configuration, detailed requirement specifications and use cases.
- Deliver functional specifications, design documents, clinical process workflow and related documentation for new development projects and/or enhancement and modification requests to be used by Clinical Systems Analyst.
- Interact with Systems Analysts during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process.
- Perform functional application configuration and configure /run reports at user request.
- Design and execute functional, integration, and regression test plans for new application functionality, product releases and enhancement and regulatory modifications using clinical scenarios and use cases.
- Ensure programs meet clinical specifications.
- Demonstrate new functionality toclinical users seeking inputs on future direction.
- Review vendor provided documentation and user manuals needed to support the product.
- Directly interface with business users by responding to support calls escalated by the Service Desk.
- Participate in user focus groups and requirements workshops, vendor training and demonstrations.
These are consistent accountabilities for all staff.
- Assist in supporting activations and rollouts.
- Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
- Customer focus and close alignment with the customers’ business objectives.
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
- Provide data to generate team performance metrics.
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
- Adherence to the defined standards.
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
- Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred and/or other relevant combination of training and experience..
- Clinical Degree, Certification, and/or License required
- 0-2 years Industry experience preferred
- 2-5 years practical experience in providing technical support and maintenance in Sunrise Clinical Manager
- Pharmacy application experience required
- May require 50% travel nationwide
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.