CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Seasonal Tax Preparer in Racine, Wisconsin
CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP is seeking a Seasonal Tax Preparer to join our * Racine, Sheboygan, Milwaukee, *or Middleton offices.
Join a professional organization and keep your skills sharp through paid training and interactions with colleagues and clients on your terms. Work during select times of the year but stay engaged in the industry and connected with peers year round. We're hiring a core group of seasonal staff who will work at least 20 hours per week during peak busy season and will have the potential to work and attend training during the duration of the year as needs arise. This core group of professionals will primarily prepare or review tax returns based on experience and may proivde additional basic accounting services with prior experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare individual (1040), business (1065), corporation (1120/1120s) income tax returns
- Contact clients by phone or email and continually interact with peers and supervisors to gather and prepare information
- Perform tax research where appropriate
- Review files to ensure that they possess the necessary signatures, contain the necessary supporting documenation, and comply with filing due dates
- Obtain proper filing extensions when necessary
- May perform detailed review on tax returns, research, and compliance work with an emphasis on calculations, accounting theory, and tax law compliance, depending on experience
- Maintain technical tax skills through continuing professional education, on the job training and participation in internal tax training sessions
- 1+ years’ experience preparing various tax returns is preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred
- CPA is preferred
- Experience working in ProFx Tax and/or GoFileRoom preferred
- Prior experience with an established public accounting and/or professional services firm preferred
About the Firm:
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With over 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1142
Title: Seasonal Tax Preparer