Fred Meyer DC Order Filler in Puyallup, Washington
Fill stores' orders. Role model and demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model "Customer 1st" behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Select orders
- Read order to ascertain catalog number, size, color, and quantity of merchandise
- Build pallets
- Sort merchandise
- Open cases
- Obtain merchandise from bins/shelves
- Submit order to shipping
- Maintain inventory
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation **
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one year experience in work; or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis
- Ability to work overtime on a regular basis
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize variety of tasks/projects
- Familiarity with distribution center receiving terms and processes
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
- Fred Meyer pallet jack certification/license
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- Six months warehouse experience
*Jobs at Kroger Logistics: *Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 431,000 associates who serve customers in 2,778 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries also operate 2,231 pharmacies, 784 convenience stores, 323 fine jewelry stores, 1,387 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. With sales of $109.8 billion in 2015, we continue to grow. Kroger is recognized as one of America’s most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Date: Nov 29, 2016
Location: Puyallup, WA, US, 98371
Job Segment: Engineer, Bank, Banking, Retail Sales, Cancer Research, Engineering, Finance, Retail, Healthcare
Nearest Major Market: Tacoma
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening