HCA, Hospital Corporation of America LPN Med/Surg in Pulaski, Virginia
Assumes direct care responsibilities as delegated by the Charge Nurse or Staff RN. Within the LPN scope of practice, problem solving may involve the need to recognize and alleviate difficulties related to patient care Consistently combines Nursing Theory with Technical Competence to render quality care, in a timely and compassionate manner.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to call lights in a timely and compassionate manner
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate Nursing Care
- Implement Nursing Care Plans
- Provide fundamental nursing services for assigned patients on the Medical Surgical unit to include but not limited to assist and/or provide personal hygienic care, administer medication, perform drsg. changes, ambulate patients, measure and record I & O, Perform Bedside Blood Sugar Testing, Position (turn) patients as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized patient room by ensuring proper equipment storage, emptying trash as needed, and cleaning the room and bed when housekeeping staff are not available
- Familiar with a variety of the nursing concepts, practices, and procedures specific to patients in the Medical Surgical Unit.
- Evaluates results of interventions and communicates to pertinent information to appropriate individuals.
- Initiate, monitor, and maintain Telemetry services
- Evaluate ECG Rhythm Strips accurately and timely
- Prepares equipment, applies and changes dressings, and monitors patients.
- Maintains accurate written and computerized documentation
- Effectively communicates and reports changes in patient
- status on a continuum. Performs daily bedside reporting at change of shift
- Ensures patients and/or families receive appropriate health care education and instruction throughout hospitalization and in preparation for discharge.
- Accurately processes physician’s orders.
- Participates in the orientation of new staff through assessment, guidance, and mentorship.
- Ensures chart reviews, and that narcotics are counted per policy.
- Comply with facility Policy & Procedure and guidelines as assigned by the Department Director
- Other procedures as assigned by the Designated Charge Nurse and/or the Department Director or designee In the unusual event that an RN is not available to perform Charge, performs Charge duties under the supervision of the Department Director and/or the Nursing Supervisor. e and/or unit operations.
One (1) year health care experience in any capacity
Title: LPN Med/Surg
Location: Virginia-Pulaski-LewisGale Hospital-Pulaski
Requisition ID: 00041-16411