HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiac Rehab and Chest Pain Coordinator in Pulaski, Virginia
LewisGale Hospital Pulaski (LGHP) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia . Pulaski is considered a neighbor to the Virginia Tech Hokie community and is a short 45 minute drive from Roanoke, VA. The HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital is a 147-bed acute care facility with more than 350 employees and has been recognized by Joint Commission as a Top Performer . The medical staff includes a wide range of primary care and specialty care physicians, including Cardiology, Otolaryngology, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urology and Oncology as well as Hospitalists.
Responsibilities of the Cardiac Rehab and Chest Pain Coordinator:
- Establish guidelines and educate inpatients with the diagnosis of cardiac disease about a progressive exercise program and risk factors identified.
- Interview and assess patients for appropriate information needed to competently perform the diagnostic study ordered or to set exercise levels for Cardiac Rehab.
- Perform education to meet the patient needs and orient patient to machine safety and use. Assist patient with Cardiac Rehab exercise machines such as treadmills, stationary bikes, and arm ergometer. Monitor patients during progressive exercise activities. Evaluate patient pre-exercise and post-exercise and record results.
- Assist with performing stress test according to appropriate protocol ordered by the physician.
- Assures patient charges are input into Meditech each day.
- Assists and recommends protocols and guidelines for best practice treatment of cardiac patients across the continuum of care.
- Coordinates submission of required elements for continual Chest Pain Center Accreditation.
- Oversees the tracking process for data related to throughput of cardiac patients and provides data to the Critical Care Committee to initiate changes as appropriate and to improve outcomes.
- Build relationship with local EMS providers
Participate in community engagements to build relationships with local healthcare organizations
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Registered Nurse License issued by the Department of Health Professions, Commonwealth of Virginia
- One year of Cardiac Rehab (Preferred)
Title: Cardiac Rehab and Chest Pain Coordinator
Location: Virginia-Pulaski-LewisGale Hospital-Pulaski
Requisition ID: 00041-16690