Revenue Solutions, Inc. Database Developer/Database Administrator in Providence, Rhode Island
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Rhode Island [RI]
Database Developer/Database Administrator
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry across the United States. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State and Local agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• RSI provides significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture.
• RSI is a small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• RSI provides employees with the opportunities to lead and contribute to highly desirable and visible projects using the latest technologies
• RSI's management team is fully supportive of work-life balance
• RSI hires only the best and the brightest consultants and software developers
• RSI provides a full and competitive benefits package including a variety of bonus programs, 401(k), medical/dental/disability, and paid vacation and holidays.
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.
RSI is an equal opportunity employer
We are currently looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join our team at RSI’s Implementation Center in Rhode Island. Leveraging your experience in database design and administration, you will be responsible for the installation, enhancement, and maintenance of large-scale (TB) SQL Server and Oracle databases running both in our product development environment and at client sites around the country.
Specific responsibilities may include the following:
• Provide senior level leadership across projects for designing, installing and setting up database servers and databases
• Design document and implement best practices for database software implementation according to client requirements and Revenue Premier specifications
• Review application performance and guide product and onsite teams on tuning OS, databases and SQL queries
• Enforce standards and best practices identified by RSI’s Data Architect
• Perform database backups and restores at the implementation center and guide client sites in implementing a robust backup/recovery and DR best practices
• Assist in perform data loads and extracts as needed
• Assist the Configuration Manager with deployments and migrations
• Serve as a SQL language technical expert
• Serve as an RBDMS platform technical expert
• Identify issues and escalate suggestions for database improvements (tables, indexes, DAL changes, etc.)
• Maintain and monitor operational DB maintenance plans.
• Troubleshoot operational DB issues (isolate problem queries or connections, capture and analyze DB traces, etc.)
• Augment the Development Team as needed with software development tasks
Limited travel to client sites may be required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years relevant work experience in a software application production environment
• 5+ years of experience performing Database Administrator duties on SQL Server and Oracle databases
• Strong understanding of Relational Databases, Data Structures, and SQL (T-SQL and PL/SQL), in addition to the creation and application of E-R Diagrams and Data Dictionaries.
• Experience with scripting during product release cycles.
• Demonstrated experience in the area of database/query performance tuning & monitoring servers for performance
• Experience with maintenance and operation of Development, UAT, Production servers
• Experience writing complex stored procedures and views for ETL process, data extractions and data import processes
• Familiarity with prevalent SDLC methodologies
• Willingness/desire to learn SQL Server
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• 2+ years of experience performing Database Administrator duties on both Oracle 11g/12c and SQL Server (2008R2/2012) databases
• Experience with Data Warehouses and High Volume databases
• Experience with database modeling tools such as ER/Studio or equivalent
• Experience with Visual Studio .NET and/or Eclipse
• Experience with .NET 3.5 framework, AJAX, CSS, Web Services, and .NET-JAVA interoperability
• Experience with security patches/updates
• Proficiency in Java (J2EE) or .NET
• Experience with version control software and related principles (tagging, branching, etc.)
• Configuration/Build management experience, including knowledge of InstallShield