Siemens Software Development Intern in Princeton, New Jersey
Software Development Intern
Locations:Princeton, New Jersey
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 201435
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthineers is a global organization of leading researchers, engineers and designers working together to develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies. The Technology Center, Medical Imaging Technologies team researches and translates state-of-the-art technologies into advanced clinical solutions for improving the quality of healthcare, specifically in the fields of diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, and personalized medicine. Comprised of the world’s most talented scientists, engineers and technical experts from across the globe, we are proud of our past and future innovations that are impacting the lives of millions of patients.
The Medical Imaging Technologies team has openings in areas of machine learning, image analytics, computer vision and big data analytics for medical imaging applications and we would like you to join our team. Are you ready to:
• solve exciting and challenging research problems that will have a lasting impact on patient care?
• drive cutting edge ideas that translate into products and patents?
• publish and stay up to date on technology and healthcare trends?
• be part of highly motivated team and inspire those around you?
With more than 52,000 employees around the world, Siemens Healthineers is making a difference for our customers and their patients and we want you to help make a difference. More than 200,000 patients per hour benefit from information received through Siemens imaging and diagnostic test equipment. We know that our technologies help clinicians improve lives, and we are passionate about bringing innovative, sustainable solutions to them.
The position would be ideal for undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Computer Science/Data Management, who are looking for exposure and hands-on experience with Big Data in medical imaging, and specifically how to handle patients’ protected health information (PHI).
The intern will contribute to our research activities by applying modern data analytics and machine learning on variety of structured and unstructured data in the healthcare field with the goal to minimize business risks and increase automation across processes.
• Working on Big Data projects and collaborating with researchers in the field of medical imaging
• Writing Python scripts for tracking patients’ data and automatically generating reports from the data
• Anonymizing patients’ protected health information (PHI) in accordance with HIPAA and HITECH privacy regulations
• Defining and implementing automated curation process for medical images
• Compiling high-quality reports from anonymized patient data
• Analyze, monitor, and optimize across Big Data processes
• Current student majoring in Computer Science, Data Management, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related fields
• High motivation and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience in Microsoft Office products is required
• Proficiency in security and compliance analytics preferred
• Attention to detail and open to taking on new challenges
• Passion for solving hard problems and exploring new technologies
• Team player who can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .