Horizon Healthcare, Inc. 2nd Shift AODA Counselor Job at Horizon Healthcare, Inc. in Prairie Du Chien, WI in Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin
Horizon Healthcare, Inc. is now hiring for regular, Part or Full-Time, 2nd shift licensed Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Counselors to work 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM at Prairie Du Chien Correctional Institution (500 E Parish St., Prairie Du Chien, WI 53821).
Horizon Healthcare, Inc. is a provider of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) and behavioral and mental health services. Our mission is to help individuals recover from the devastating effects of mental illness and drug dependency; to reclaim their emotional, psychological, and physical health; to reintegrate with their families; and to become productive members of society.
Operating out of multiple locations throughout the state of Wisconsin, our professional and dedicated staff of physicians, clinical psychologists, social workers, addictionologists, and AODA professionals provide individualized and compassionate care and treatment to all clients.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.horizonhealthcareinc.com
Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of substance abuse and mental health recovery models
- Provide assessments of core treatment needs and develop individualized treatment plans
- Assist in the development of relapse/recidivism prevention plans
- Help persons in crisis explore options that may be beneficial to their recovery and maintaining stability
- Provide services that are culturally and age-specific sensitive
- Provide both individual and group counseling according to prescribed cognitive behavioral model and curriculum
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School Diploma OR GED equivalent
- A Criminal Background Check may be required for this position subject to Wisconsin law
- A valid SAC-IT, SAC, or CSAC license
- A valid AODA Counselor license
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with correctional clients