SAP Finance Operations Accountant Job in Prague, Czech Republic
Requisition ID: 151839
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As the leading technology company for digital businesses, SAP serves nearly 300,000 customers in 190 countries. 80 million users make SAP the largest enterprise cloud company in the world, along with business networks that transact nearly $1 trillion annually. The Global Finance Shared Services organization (GFSS) is a business unit with 1,200 employees delivering end-to-end finance operations from a set of vibrant and multicultural locations around the globe: Buenos Aires, Dublin, Manila, Prague and Singapore.
Our highly engaged teams specialize in Order to Invoice, Cash Collections, Procure to Pay, Travel & Expense and Record to Report. Additionally, at GFSS, you will find: a highly skilled workforce collaborating across the globe on common topics, engaged colleagues creating value by simplifying and optimizing operations and one motivated global team working together towards shared goals.
Also, at GFSS, you will find: exciting career opportunities, a diverse work environment providing opportunities to grow, development & learning opportunities and an international business network for you learn and grow from.
Within GFSS, SAP employees have an opportunity to handle end-to-end high-quality finance services to SAP customers throughout the Globe.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As Finance Operations Accountant in GFSS R2R, you will be able to build your accounting profession as you support the daily operations of the process and apply your accounting knowledge in practice constantly. At the same time this role offers many development opportunities on other skills and competencies that will help you shape your future career path.
Act as the primary and backup support role for 1 or more countries, mainly in the area of Revenue Accounting, Expense Accounting, Intercompany Accounting, HR & Compensation Accounting, Cash & Bank Accounting and Cost Accounting. You are taking care of the following tasks in particular:
• Process incoming journal posting requests and ensure accuracy when processing the requests.
• Support cash application processes (e.g. allocation of incoming receipts, clearing of incoming and outgoing bank accounts).
• Perform general accounting tasks related to monthly, quarterly and year-end closing (period end procedures) such as Deferred Charges preparation and posting, Revenue Recognition, SOX controls etc.
• Provide reconciliation of reports and accounts, which includes Intercompany Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation, and Balance Sheet account reviews etc.
• Perform Cost Accounting tasks, such as cost allocations and charging.
• Support countries for SOX audit, statistical reporting, Tax audit and external/internal audit reviews when required.
• Participate and support in projects, such as continuous improvements & standardization activities, process migrations or System Testing’s with Developers.
• Adhere to service level standards and work towards development of a service culture of ‘Excellence’.
• Diploma or Degree in Accounting or Business
• Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
• Relevant working experience in an accounting environment, MNCs or Shared Service Center would be an added advantage
• Experience in accounting subsidiaries and knowledge of international accounting standards (IFRS or USGAAP) would be an added advantage
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Minimum upper-intermediate written and spoken English
• Additional language competency would be an added advantage
• Knowledge in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and SAP system knowledge preferred
• Aptitude for repetitive transactional system tasks and ability to work in a dynamic / virtual environment
• Ability to work independently and as a team in a multi-cultural environment
• Self-motivated and able to work under time pressure with accuracy and commitment
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT?
• Various and interesting work in brand new fancy offices directly at metro Nove Butovice
• We believe every employee is a talent and we want to reach your full potential
• Interesting non-working activities (volunteering, charity, sport events,..)
• Opportunities for professional growth in Financial field
Yearly bonuses, sick days paid and sick leaves fully refunded, flexible start/end of working hours, contributions to the pension/life insurance, meal tickets/ catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, contribution to sport/culture/ leisure, sick day, occasional work from home, generous shares program, etc.
We are creating our future together by moving to the brand new and ultra-modern Metronom office building directly above the Nove Butovice metro station. The location encompasses SAP's vision for the perfect work-life balance by featuring a cinema, uniquely decorated relaxation rooms, free gym & fitness studio, parents' and kids' room, and many more exciting amenities.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.