Clear-Com Assembler/Tester III in Poway, California
Location: Poway, CA
Job Code: 2605
Clear-Com, an HME company, is the world's best known name in critical, high-performance voice intercommunication. With over 40 years of experience we offer more than 200 products to customer's worldwide, in the broadcast, live entertainment and military markets. At Clear-Com, our products grace the stages of Broadway and the London West End, as well as NASA research facilities and TV studios around the world. It is an exciting time at HME as we have outgrown our current Poway, CA Facility! We will be moving to a Brand New State of the Art Facility in Carlsbad, CA in Summer 2017!
We have an immediate opening for an Assembler/Tester III to work on 2nd shift. Our 2nd shift hours are from 2PM-10:30PM. Under Limited supervision, he Assembler/Tester is responsible for training in and competently performing various packing, electromechanical assembly, test, and inspection procedures to ensure that production schedules and quality standards are met. May use Automated Test Equipment, handheld tools, soldering iron, assembly drawings, bills of materials, schematics, written instructions, and other applicable documents.
What you will do in this role:
- Assembles, reworks, and/or reassembles product as specified on applicable documentation.
- Verifies accuracy of instruction documents (e.g. schematics, assembly drawings, bills of material).
- Checks work for accuracy, quality, and conformance to specifications.
- Uses a computer for data entry and input of serial numbers into the mainframe.
- Packages parts into kits for shipping.
- Labels and packages product including manuals and accessories.
- Informs supervisor or lead of work-related problems.
- Performs testing activities including current checks, burn-ins, and operation of Automated Test Equipment.
- Verifies assemblies and subassemblies against applicable documentation.
- Verifies Part Number, Revision Level, and Quantity received.
- Conducts routine electrical tests, sorting failed assemblies from passed assemblies.
- Records test data and results.
- Informs supervisor or lead of discrepancies discovered.
What is expected of you in this role:
- Ability to perform moderately complex packaging, assembly and test operations.
- The ability to use appropriate software and PCs.
- Good verbal, reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal direction.
- Basic computer skills.
- Test and soldering experience strongly prefered
- Good manual dexterity.
- 3+ years of experience
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, walk, and sit. The employee Occasionally is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with arms, and work with computer equipment, machinery, or electrical tools. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Position requires limited contact outside the department or company and the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee may occasionally be exposed to risk of electric shock.
HME is committed to building a company where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow, while making a real contribution to our product. Our benefits package includes tuition reimbursement; 3 weeks paid vacation your first year, paid holidays, medical, vision and dental coverage, life insurance and 401K contributions.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans to apply.
We participate in the e-verify system.
Applicants who require an accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.