HM Electronics Assembler/Tester II in Poway, California
Location: Poway, CA
Job Code: 2606
HME has been creating innovative products for the drive-thru and pro-audio industries since 1971. We were also voted one of San Diego's best places to work in 2013!
From the very beginning, we've known these solutions would never have happened without the customer-focused people who make up our company. HME has a team environment with a culture of collaboration, learning, and growth. With subsidiaries located in California, Georgia, Missouri, Canada, UK and China, companies around the world depend on HME for clear, reliable communication solutions. From setting the standard for drive-thru headsets and timer systems in the quick service restaurant (QSR) industry to developing professional audio equipment used in the Olympic Games, HME strives to create the newest, most innovative products on the market while providing quality care and attention to its customers. Come join our team!
HME is currently recruiting for an Assembler/Tester II for 2nd shift. The Assembler/Tester II will need to demonstrate proficiency in performing various electromechanical assembly, test, and inspection procedures, ensuring that production schedules and quality standards are met. Hours for the position are Monday through Friday from 2:00pm-10:30pm.
What you will do in this position:
Assembly and Rework
- Assembles, reworks, and/or reassembles product as specified on applicable documentation.
- Verifies accuracy of instruction documents (e.g. schematics, assembly drawings, bills of material).
- Checks work for accuracy, quality, and conformance to specifications.
- Uses a computer for data entry and input of serial numbers into the mainframe.
- Informs supervisor or lead of work-related problems.
Test and Inspection
- Performs testing activities including current checks, burn-ins, and operation of Automated Test Equipment.
- Verifies assemblies and subassemblies against applicable documentation.
- Verifies Part Number, Revision Level, and Quantity received.
- Conducts routine electrical tests, sorting failed assemblies from passed assemblies.
- Records test data and results.
- Informs supervisor or lead of discrepancies discovered.
What you will need to succeed in this position:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience required.
- Ability to perform moderately complex assembly operations.
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and assembly aides.
- Good verbal, reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal direction.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good manual dexterity.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk or hear. The employee occasionally required to stand, use hands to handle or manipulate objects, reach with hands and arms, and work with computer equipment, machinery, or electrical tools. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Position requires limited contact outside the department or company and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electric shock.
HME is committed to building a company where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow, while making a real contribution to our product. Our benefits package includes tuition reimbursement; 3 weeks paid vacation your first year, paid holidays, medical, vision and dental coverage, life insurance and 401K contributions.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
HM Electronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans to apply.
We participate in the e-verify system.
Applicants who require an accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.