HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist (Full Time, Evening) in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
· Draws blood samples to be analyzed by laboratory personnel and interpreted by Pathologists such that patient diagnoses may be made.
· Collects blood samples ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples.
· Follows hospital policies and procedures for transporting/delivering samples to laboratory.
· Maintains strict quality control for procedures.
· May perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time and glucose tolerance tests and report test results.
· Maintains records of tests performed and blood samples taken.
· Maintains needed equipment and supplies.
· Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
· Orients and mentors new staff members.
· Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required - Phlebotomy Experience or Training, Excellent customer service skills
Preferred - At least 1 year experience in phlebotomy. Specimen handling experience a plus.
Required - High School Graduate or equivalent and Phlebotomy training
Preferred - Phlebotomy training from an approved school. Phlebotomy certification.
Required- Continuing education to meet ASCP guidelines
Preferred- ASCP/ASPT certified phlebotomist or equivalent
Title: Phlebotomist (Full Time, Evening)
Location: New Hampshire-Portsmouth-Portsmouth Regional Hospital - Portsmouth
Requisition ID: 00147-6101